Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Apparently, I'm an ANGRY mom...

This is the card I received for Mother's Day from my daughter. While I appreciated all the time she took coloring, I was alarmed at the words that the creative process that is making a mother's day card for your mom at school, churned out.

Take a look -



Here's the breakdown:

Left Side -

Lovely Mom (awwww...I think ALL daughters think that!)
Organized (YESSSSSSSS!)
Very Angry (here we go! ALL ABOARD THE ANGER TRAIN!)
Egeer (translation: eager...to go to anger management classes, perhaps?)

Right Side -

Mi real Mom (translation: My Real Mom - apparently she didn't believe me when I told her the stork dropped her off).
Open to suggestions (as in, "I don't think we should have to have chores Mom"?)
Totally Cool (Rock ON!!!)
Have Love (akin to Got Milk?)
Exiting (she says it means exciting, but really I think she's pushing me out the door for my uncontrolled, yet unapparent to me, anger)
Really Beautiful (she's got the sucking up down to a science!)
So Cool (Being that she just discovered that I am her real mother, I would say I would have to be cool!)

Dilly Daling (translation: Dilly-dallying. How the hell did she know that I surf the web all day?)
Angry well some times (here we go AGAIN! I'm sensing a theme here, perhaps I should look into counseling?)
Your a awsome mom (I think you get what this means - I'm an awesome, anger-filled mother!)

*******************************************************************************

Now, I'm confused by this card on so many levels. Does she really think I'm angry all the time? Or, was she lost when it came to locating a word that started with an "A"? OR...could it be that she's already figured out how to take the sting out of not-so-nice words by surrounding them with compliments ("your a awsome mom")???

I confess that our house is not a quiet one. We are a vocal family. Discipline is doled out in stern, loud voices. Anger though, doesn't hover around for long. This is why I'm confused about the double appearance of the word in my daughter's card.

So, either she thinks I've an anger problem, or I'm just your run-of-the-mill, eagerly organized, beautifully cool mom who is exiting the house to dilly dally with the suggestions of my children that make me angry...well, sometimes.

3 comments:

j.sterling said...

omg.. first i'll stop laughing.. LMFAO- maybe it's the only word she could think of that started with A?!? you know?? ask her! ask her if she thinks you're angry all the time.. lol

Stephanie said...

She is something else! At least you are her real mom, and not her pretend one! hehe.

Oh, it would be interesting to find out what her inspiration for the fill ins was!!

Jill said...

Dang it, and now you're going to have to suck up to her teacher at the next parent/teacher conference just to eradicate any false impressions about you.